We are Independent Financial Advisers based in the heart of Ottery St Mary, but serving clients in the towns and villages across Devon.
We take all our clients on a journey, from where they are now, to their ultimate destination. It’s true to say we’ve been on a journey since we were founded in the 1980s to the business we are today.
Otter Financial is now run by Damien Clyburn, ably supported by his team, who you can meet by clicking here.
Over the years though, we’ve seen many changes.
- We were originally founded in the mid-1980s by Rupert Ormerod and Arthur Stevens
- In June 1998, we started trading as FFP Investment Advisers Ltd
- Rupert retired in the summer of 2003, around the same time, Damien joined the team
- Damien became a director of the business in August 2007
- Claire, our Client Services Manager, and well known to most of our clients, joined us in January 2009
- Our name was changed to Otter Financial Services in September 2011 and we moved to our current offices at 62 Mill Street, later that year
- In 2013 we applied for, and were granted, direct authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Alison, our Administrator, is the most recent member of our team and joined in April 2017; although, as Damien’s wife, you could say she’s been a long-term supporter of the business for many years!
- In 2018 we were awarded a BS 8577 certificate
- In April 2017 Damien took, and passed his final examination, to attain the coveted Chartered Financial Planner status
- In August 2017 we relaunched our website and updated our branding